Wednesday 31 January 2007

If you want to eat hot dogs

I stopped eating hot dogs many many years ago after I started reading food labels. To be honest, I stopped eating a lot of things once I found out what was reallllllly in food. Giving up hot dogs is rather hard on someone who went to watch baseball games and attended a few Bluejays games when I was living in Ontario. Hots dogs and baseball go hand in hand.

I did return to eating hot dogs when I discovered tofu dogs...chicken hot dogs were out too. Now these aren't bad with some really good dijon mustard and sauerkraut.

For those of you going YUK!! regarding tofu dogs and who have sworn off beef dogs due to content, here is a little known secret.

If you really want a beef hot dog, buy kosher. Nothing is added, just pure 100% beef. How do you tell if a product is kosher---look for the U symbol inside a circle on the package.

This little secret applies to chickens and turkeys too...they taste the best.

No comments: