Friday 19 January 2007

Some happy discoveries

So I made a curry last night; nothing special, some potatoes, sweet potato, shallots, etc. Sauteed the lot until the veg was softened, put them aside and tossed in some cut-up cod fillet. Once I had it heated through, I added some Wonderfarm Coconut Cream. This was something I'd bought on sale from Fairways (about 99 cents). Wow. This stuff is like regular coconut milk, but way thicker--really a cream to the other's milk. I had also found a package of DandeePak Green Curry Paste that I'd bought a while ago. In went a tablespoon or so, mixed well, and added the veg back in. Over a bed of brown rice, this turned out to be fantastic. Sharp, spicy but not overwhelming, and the coconut cream added a layer of sweetness. Hard to stop eating. Highly recommend both products.

No comments: